The RealWear Navigator 500: Assisted Reality at its Best
Released on December 30th, 2021 at a price of $2,500 USD, the RealWear Navigator 500 has proven to be one of the best AR platforms you can find
Building on the global success of its flagship RealWear HMT-1™ head-mounted display, RealWear Navigator 500 represents a new family of assisted reality products for RealWear, with a new modular platform, improved user experience, and comfortable ergonomics that empower frontline workers to perform work tasks while keeping these workers’ hands and fields of view free to more safely perform tasks for longer amounts of time in the “new way to work” hybrid work environment.
Fully optimized for hands-free use, RealWear Navigator 500 is an innovative platform solution that combines hardware, software, and cloud-ready services with a rugged design that is one-third lighter and slimmer than the previous generation, making it easier for frontline workers to wear the device for their entire shift. The hardware is designed as a modular platform with an upgradeable 48 megapixel (MP) camera system, a truly hot-swappable battery, Wi-Fi, and an optional 4G (and soon-to-be-available 5G) modem. The voice-controlled user interface includes unique noise-cancelation technology designed for high-noise environments. RealWear has more than 200 optimized partner apps supporting a variety of use cases, such as remote collaboration, guided workflow and IoT (Internet of Things), and AI data visualization.
With RealWear Navigator 500, RealWear has again raised the bar for how assisted reality and other XR technologies are deployed at the world’s leading industrial companies. Automotive, logistics, manufacturing, food & beverage, and energy companies, among others, can use RealWear Navigator 500 to deliver real-time access to online information and expertise to the world’s more than 100 million industrial frontline workers.
RealWear Navigator 500’s innovative new features and capabilities reflect feedback from thousands of customers that currently use RealWear’s assisted reality wearables on the shop floor, at construction sites, in manufacturing facilities, and in other dangerous environments. These innovative new features and capabilities include:
- A patented, revolutionary modular platform that enables customers to swap out specific modules such as the camera, modem, battery, and others in the future;
- The industry’s only truly hot-swappable, full-shift battery, which enables workers to complete longer tasks over multiple hours without losing any work;
- A stunning camera system, complete with a 48 MP sensor; the ability to capture high-quality photos in extremely low light; with an enhanced zoom in telephoto mode that allows workers to capture greater than 4X zoom while still maintaining full-HD (1080p) quality. Additionally, the camera includes advanced auto-focus and strong video stabilization.
- A clear, vibrant, adjustable display;
- A light, sleek form factor that can withstand a two-meter drop-test without compromising the RealWear HMT-1’s IP66 ruggedness rating;
- Secure seamless device sign-on options and centralized enterprise deployment and management capabilities, and
- Best-in-class noise-canceling technology, with reliable local voice recognition in environments up to 100 decibels (dBA).
A centerpiece of RealWear’s assisted reality category leadership has been its ability to deliver ‘See what I see’ experiences, showing that the unique form factor benefits both companies and the frontline worker. Notable optimized remote collaboration apps for RealWear include Webex Expert on Demand, Zoom, TeamViewer Frontline, Librestream Onsight Connect, AMA XpertEye, oculavis SHARE, and Microsoft Teams, among others.
With RealWear Navigator 500, the adoption of Teams will be significantly accelerated. With a more powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, lighter weight, and hot-swappable battery, remote collaboration will be more seamless and a preferred communication method. Additionally, with the new low light enhanced camera and potential for future camera modules, frontline workers will be able to capture better POV shots to share and collaborate in new ways.
RealWear has a worldwide distribution, support, and reseller ecosystem that will service and support the RealWear Navigator 500 solution with rapid response support, a global experience center in Dubai, and offices in major industrial markets worldwide. Customers can access RealWear offerings through a growing ecosystem of resellers and partners, including Microsoft, Autodesk, and Lenovo.
The RealWear Navigator 500 has shown us that there is infinite potential for innovation in the world of Extended Reality. Its modular design gives this product a longer life span compared to other products, being able to be upgraded and repaired easily maintaining low costs for those who decide to acquire it. At CaptivatAR we cannot wait to create tools that these types of devices give space. What are you waiting for? Come with us and explore a whole new world of XR to expand your company’s horizons!